I have written before with some advice about buying telescopes.
But, apparently I did stress enough my best advice for telescope seekers. Don't do it till you buy a good pair of binoculars first!
This is really good advice. I know because I followed it myself.
Some of the pluses of binoculars:
- A good pair of binos are cheaper than a telescope
- You can easily cary it ion your bag or around your neck.
- You get to use both of your eyes together. Binos are a mini telescope for each eye.
- Binos have a marge larger field of view that a telescope making it easier to find stuff in the sky.
- The view is right side up as apposed to upside down or backwards s in many telescopes.
- And did I mention they are cheaper?
When you are ready to upgrade to a telescope see my previous New Telescope Review